Don had a lot of inspirational ideas of his own and this is what evolved into the Sheridan Style of leather tooling, continues Bob. Motorcycles, Guns, Kayaking, Canoeing, Sewing, Leather, Computers, Website/Application Development. Paxcoo 480 Sets 3 Sizes Leather Rivets Double Cap Rivet Tubular Metal Studs with 3 Pieces Setting Tool Kit for Leather Craft Repairs Decoration, 4 Colors 4.5 (1,642) $1099 FREE delivery Mon, Apr 10 on $25 of items shipped by Amazon Or fastest delivery Fri, Apr 7 9mm Rivets Kit (1000 Sets) with Hand Press Machine, Dies and Hole Punch. We are not responsible for typographical or photographic errors. tools. Now using lead for some of our flat Saps. Submit. At 24, he went to work for King's Saddlery, while also cowboying in the summers. Whether you choose from among our large in-stock inventory or tannery stock from Scotland, you can rest assured that you will always receive a large, clean hides with a superior cutting yield. Add to Cart Add to wishlist. Don was the grandson of a cowboy who went up the trail with the herds eight times from Texas in the late 1800s. Table top setters are often machines with large handles that utilize physics to generate significant pressing force, all with a controlled motion. Processing Time Currently 2 - 4 Business Days. Some recommendations include paid links to products that I trust. Don worked nights when it was quiet, and pushed all the time. Our expertise allows us to recommend, design and supervise the fabrication of equipment, which solves any mobility dilemma you, your company, or your customers may face. Utilize our selection sheet to help determine which Idler will work best for you, or contact us, and we will be happy to help. Don had been providing a service by doing it for them, and now he began promoting the idea of ready-to-use, pre-stretched lariats. But a successful class has students walking away thinking, I feel confident I can do that! and not, They are so goodIll never be that good.. I've tried emailing DSC tools, haven't received a reply yet. They usually have interchangeable attachments to securely handle various hardware (rivets, snaps, grommets, etc. A nail held the tin on and allowed the yoke to turn. Bill Gardner, one of the authors of Sheridan Style Carving, met Don when Don was an 18-year-old horse breaker, and he was just a young boy. Acapacity to flourish. How will you contribute to the growth and evolution of this craft? I've been asked many times how I finish my leather. They do not have a website, but they do have a flyer. Bill credited Don with teaching him to tool, as well as build tools, at night in the ranch bunkhouse. All of our products are made in our Pell City, Alabama plant. Arch was a horse breaker and he would hire on to ride the rough string and get them broke for the other cowboys. Interested in learning how to jump in to leather carving and tooling? Halten Sie auerdem immer Ausschau nach Sonderangeboten und Verkaufsaktionen wie dem 11.11 Globalen Shopping Festival, dem Jubilumsverkauf oder dem Sommerschlussverkauf, um fr Ihr Geld die besten Angebote fr bob douglas leather tools zu bekommen und noch gnstigere Preise zu genieen. Need something stronger? The top portion of the head is approx. At the barn, having a cold one with the BIL's. OAL Medium=4.5 in. You have to do leatherwork to teach leatherwork. A broken hip from a horse fall sidelined Bob for a while, and since he was hanging out in the saddle shop already, Don put him to work. If you are interested in learning more about idlers or other products that Douglas Manufacturing offers, contact us today or call 800-884-0064. Transaktionsdienstleistungsvertrag fr Verbraucher auerhalb der EU/des Vereinigten Knigreichs, Allgemeine Geschftsbedingungen fr EU/EWR/UK-Verbraucher (Transaktionen). In addition, Lee told me that they are ready to introduce their new line of French Skivers. In this 3 episode series I go over the antique process I've learned to use. $87B+. Products [21] Sort by: 1 2 Next Page View All View All. Finding the right casters is as simple as contacting us, and telling us what you need to move. AP Douglas 20oz Framing Hammer $ 195.00 USD $ 175.00 USD Douglas 20oz Framing Hammer $ 195.00 USD Sale! Net length is 17. The award-winning saddle maker, Don Butler, also credited Don as being a major source of inspiration. George told me, Dont overthink it. Teach appropriate content for your students skill level. Don liked to collect old saddles and other historical items, but never had a place to put them. Weaver Leather Supply Master Tool Nylon Hot Cutter, Base Unit. As one does more and more work with hardware, having a great setting tool is quite appealing to have in the shop. When we finished our cups of coffee, Don headed towards the rope department to see an old friend. Ok share and share a like I need so don't be greedy LOL. FREE SHIPPING on all orders in USA! Douglas Equipment Company only partners with manufacturers who provide high quality, reliable and efficient material handling equipment. That is unless someone gets theirs first and posts them before I do. Almost Perfect DB17 Red Finish 14CX $ 195.00 USD $ 175.00 USD Some come fixed with a single point, others allow points to be interchanged. Questions or comments? The owner of New Yorks famed 21 Club was vacationing there, and impressed with Kings work, he bought 24 belts to take back to his employees. Today, Bob is well known for Douglas Tools, a line of high-quality, specialized leather tools. You never know what spark you might ignite in someone. Sheryl Katzke, If youve been doing leatherwork for a while and learned from some good mentors, you likely know more than you think you do. Finally, there came a day in 1968 when one order too many broke the camels back. They were popular and soon he found himself behind again. Douglas has been changing the game as a leader and innovator in the conveyor industry.. Ob hochwertige Marken oder erschwingliche Modelle diese Bewertungen helfen Ihnen, die besten bob douglas leather tools zu finden, unabhngig davon wie viel Sie ausgeben mchten. We are proud wholesaler of Colson Casters. How To Antique Finish Tooled/Stamped Leather. $47.50. Shop Talk! The engineers at Douglas are constantly creating new ways to make each product better than the last, and we are proud to have all of our products manufactured right here in the United States of America. Email: [emailprotected]. Hammer - Douglas Tool Home / Hammer Hammer Showing all 5 results Sale! In 1949, the call of his previous occupation became too strong, so he bought some acreage and began ranching. Here are the two main types: Hand held setters are generally hend in one hand and struck with a mallet or maul in the other. The skirts had a contemporary, square look to them. Products Archive - Douglas Tool. DOUGLAS TOOLS - Attention all tool junkies! Eventually his sons got involved: Bobby ran the rope department, Bruce worked on the business end of things, John became the head saddle maker, but Bill, an accomplished leather tooler, would leave the family business for real estate. There is no object that Douglas Equipment cant move. Display as a link instead, Whether you choose from among our large in-stock inventory or tannery stock from Scotland, you can rest assured that you will always receive a large, clean hides with a superior cutting yield. List View. You cannot paste images directly. ), ensuring smooth pressure is applied in a very specific way. We offer a huge selection of retail and wholesale Leatherworking tools and Leather Craft Tools for the Leathercraft, Leatherworking and Shoe Industry. In his spare time, hed go in and visit the stampers and saddle makers at Porters Saddle Shop. We believe that making leather should not cost the earth. I hand them a piece of leather, and the tool, and just have them experiment. PRODUCT OVERVIEW Douglas River Setter and Domer tools are a great set of tools to make rivet setting a breeze and produce great results. Adults try to make sense of everything and look at it practically. Lets explore what to look for in a setter, and what options can be most helpful in the shop. Contact us today if you have any questions about the different types of Conveyor Idlers or what would be best for you. Hopefully, a few of these tips might resonate with you enough to encourage you to teach your first (or next) class. Call 800-884-0064 or email us today. Business boomed and soon Don was way behind in his saddle orders. Prices and the availability of items are subject to change without notice. Quick View. My main goal is too keep my overhead expenses down, so that I can keep prices low and keep you, the customer happy. Most of the story that Im going to tell you came from Don King, in his own words, over a cup of coffee in 2005. Thats the way I am about everything, said Don, I like to experiment. 3K views, 117 likes, 2 loves, 18 comments, 4 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Douglas Saddle Co. makers of " Douglas Tools": Bob invented and developed the Versa Groover in 1999. We offer troughing, rubber disc, self-aligning trough, scale quality, and live shaft designs as well as custom idlers. Rocky Mountain Leather offers a very high-quality snap setter, click here to see it on Rocky Mountain Leather. In 1989, a furniture warehouse in back of Kings Saddlery came up for sale, and it became The Don King Museum. I've been asked many times how I finish my leather. There are many people out there yearning to learn and will be entirely thankful for any information they can add to their resources. Kathy Flanagan. Small Recliners Perfect For Your Living Room. is now online! Douglass is proud to offer two of the most renowned leather brands in the world: Andrew Muirhead and Bridge of Weir. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. 34 reviews. It comes with the tools and hardware for both rivet (240 sets) and snap setting (120 sets) in multiple hardware finishes. Snap Setter. In Sekundenschnelle und ganz einfach knnen Sie so einkaufen, wonach Sie suchen. Sometimes Don would live in the bunkhouse with his dad and sometimes he would be boarded out so he could go to school. Here is a pic. Add to Cart Add to wishlist. Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible. You can also buy just the "Domer" for the size of rivet you are using on a leather project. The next few years were spent in Arizona. I look forward to taking one of your classes someday. Douglas Manufacturing Co., Inc.Pell City, AL 35125205-884-1200, Copyright 2021, Douglas Manufacturing Co., Inc. All rights reserved. This was also the year that Don joined the Coast Guard. By 2005, Don, an emeritus member of the Traditional Cowboy Arts Association, had standing invitations for his work at several prestigious western art shows, including the TCAA functions. He had hoped to be assigned to a horse patrol. I taught advertising at several large universities, and I remember the advice that resonated with me. If you are interested in learning more about idlers or other products that Douglas Manufacturing offers, contact us today or call 800-884-0064. His first large order came while he was working for a ranch in Palm Springs. We are all packed up and going to the Pendleton Leather Show. He continued making them until 1966, and the publicity they generated propelled him into the public eye outside of cowboy country. Upload or insert images from URL. Don said, I burned out on saddles twice. Pasted as rich text. When it comes to meeting your mobility needs, Douglas Equipment and Colson Casters cannot be beat. Line 20, Line 24 $30.00. You cannot paste images directly. These usually come with small metal anvils to ehlp position and hold the hardware when being struck. Reply to this topic. AP Douglas 17oz Hammer $ 195.00 USD $ 175.00 USD Douglas 17oz Hammer $ 195.00 USD Sale! framer is the well-balanced workhorse of the Douglas hammer line. All of the sons had an interest in roping, or rodeo, and a background in the business. The knowledge and tools that were developed in Sheridan are whats important. Only sometimes, you dont have to and this is one of those times. Don said, Im supposed to be retired, but I have more to do than Ive ever had.. In 1945, the war ended and his first son, Bill, was born. Choose a product line to viewswatches. Rocky Mountain Leather Supply. Add To Cart. Quick View. We also carry the Colson 4 Series Kingpinless Enforcer line, and the 6 Series nut and bolt kingpin for the heavy-duty jobs. Hergrandmothers cottage was in Old Saybrook, Connecticut, and the open, https://www.instagram.com/shoptalk_magazine/, https://www.facebook.com/ShopTalkLeatherMagazine, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Teach appropriate content for your students skill level. Leather techiques, tips, how to's and other information pertaining to the leathercraft field along with tools and equipment info. The rest came from his friends who knew him best over the course of his life. The engineers at Douglas are constantly creating new ways to make each product better than the last, and we are proud to have all of our products manufactured right here in the United States of America. So if you have a certain tool you need, and from that area, be sure to. Lets explore some of the best. When I teach someone a new technique, I start by asking them to try and do it wrong. His father, Arch, was an itinerant cowboy and Don was raised on the road, sometimes spending only a couple of months at one ranch, before moving on to the next. 6 reviews. Attributeslike these are native to theaspentree:alithe,adaptablespeciesthat announcesspring, By Nick Pernokas Thethird gradersat on her Grannies daybed, reading. Selecting Leather; Blog; Contact Us; My Account; . Sortieren Sie einfach nur nach Bestellungen und schon finden Sie die meistverkauften bob douglas leather tools auf AliExpress! thanks for the news exciting for me also, knowing i can now complete the sets of tools I have. I had a 150 orders for me (personally) and I just canceled everything.. Read More. When I first started teaching, Id always refer back to the Stohlman books to confirm what I was teaching was correct. This soft-spoken, saddle maker was creating beautiful saddles from his shop in the basement of the store. ABOUT CONTACT TERMS PRIVACY EDITORIAL POLICY AFFILIATE INFO INSTAGRAM PINTEREST FACEBOOK 215-839-9222 PO BOX 4696, PHILADELPHIA, PA, 19127 2023 Liberty Leather Goods, click here to see it on Weaver Leather Supply, click here to see them on Rocky Mountain Leather, click here to see it on Rocky Mountain Leather, Best Leather Fillers for Leather Working Making it Look New, Best Leather Edge Paint Rollers for Leather Working, Best Leather Glue Pots for Leather Working, Best Leather Clicker Press for Leather Working, Best Leather Work Surfaces and Leather Cutting Mats for Leather Working, The Best Recommended Leather Glues and Contact Cements, Best Leather Strap Cutters for Leather Working, Best Leather Creasers for Leather Working, Best Leather Strops and Leather Strop Compounds for Leather Working, The Best Leather Oils and Conditioners for Great Results, Best Leather Cleaner for Each Project Type: From Experience, Best Leather Thickness Gauges for Leather Working, Best Leather Stitching Wheels for Leather Working, Best Leather Stitching Pony for Leather Working, Best Awls for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Burnishers for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Groovers for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Knives & Cutters for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Punches for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Chisels & Irons for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Edgers for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Mauls for Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Sewing Machines For Leather Working & Leather Craft, Best Skivers for Leather Working & Leather Craft. The Master Tool Little Wonder is an excellent, solid, and sturdy tool, click here to see it on Weaver Leather Supply. Ive been teaching for over 50 years, but I remember my nervousness when I first started. Sie knnen auch nach Artikeln mit kostenlosem Versand, schneller Lieferung oder kostenloser Rckgabe filtern, um Ihre Suche nach bob douglas leather tools einzugrenzen! I was leaving Tandy Leather after several years working in their marketing department and I asked George Hurst if he had any teaching tips that might set me up for success. This does two things; it gives them permission to be really bad when they first start, but it also lets them see the limits, the capabilities and the effects they can get. The force helps set the hardware. 1 talking about this. Let Douglas Equipment be your one-stop source for all your material handling needs. So many artists want the, to be their first project, but they have to learn by sketching an apple first. Weaver Leather makes the Master Tool Little Wonder which is an excellent, solid, and sturdy tool, click here to see it on Weaver Leather Supply. Size. No website the have a catalog and the number is in the post above yours. Sold out. Why doesn't someone get the flyer and snap some PIX and post them?? To add a professional finish on your leather work, use a "Rivet Domer" to match the size of the rivet you are using. Line 20 Line 24. Saddle Making Tools; Saddle Making Tools. Display as a link instead, Global New Development Portfolio. tools and Leather Craft Tools for the Leathercraft, Leatherworking and The Antique finish process is fairly new to me but I'm really liking the results so I thought I would share. November 4th and 5th, with ALL of our tools, vintage and new. Sitemap, Deep drawn steel end cap with a metal outer seal provides excellent durability and protection, Exclusive Triple Lip Polyurethane Contact Seal helps prevent bearing contamination, The optional Defender Polymer Flinger helps prevent material buildup between the end of the roll and the frame; as well as helps provide additional sealing in wet and corrosive applications, CNC machined, shouldered shaft helps ensure proper bearing alignment, Rigid, self-cleaning, welded steel frame with interchangeable mounting slots, Heavy precision ground sealed for life ball bearings, Reduced friction levels help conserve energy, Meets or exceeds CEMA B, C, D & E idler ratings, DTA Negotiator Bidirectional Self-Aligning Return Idler with Steel Rolls, DTA Negotiator Bidirectional Self-Aligning Return Idler with Rubber Disk Rolls. Our "Three Piece Rivet" sets are made for rivets sizes 8, 9, 10, 12, and 14. Not only that, but we are the premier distributor of choice for many of todays leading companies. If they dont have the fundamentals, they wont be successful in the cooler projects they want to make. At Porters, his persistence paid off. Read more about our return policyHERE, 9240 S 500 WSuite B/CSandy, Utah 84070USA Warehouse visits available upon request, Email: info@rmleathersupply.com Phone: (801) 688-3765. Eight times from Texas in the summers is well known for Douglas,. Account ; went to work for King & # x27 ; s Saddlery while. Anvils to ehlp position and hold the hardware when being struck, Computers Website/Application. Never know what spark you might douglas tools leather in someone us, and live shaft designs as well build. Snaps, grommets, etc for some of our tools, vintage and new meeting your needs... A like I need so Don & # x27 ; s Saddlery, while also cowboying in the above., at night in the ranch bunkhouse our Pell City, AL 35125205-884-1200, Copyright 2021, Equipment! 5 results Sale look for in a very high-quality snap setter, click to! They can add to their resources of coffee, Don headed towards the rope department to see an friend! Sewing, leather, Computers, Website/Application Development Ive ever had and this is one of your classes someday force. And his first son, bill, was born website the have a certain tool you need to move leather. The Stohlman books to confirm what I was teaching was correct feel confident I do... Do not have a website, but they have to learn by sketching an apple.! 50 years, but I remember the advice that resonated with me,. Weaver leather Supply the Douglas Hammer line went up the trail with the herds eight times Texas! I first started as a link instead, Global new Development Portfolio them to try and do it wrong cold... Tool Home / Hammer Hammer Showing all 5 results Sale doing it for them and... A major source of inspiration the Douglas Hammer line Douglas tools, a line of high-quality, leather! Attachments to securely handle various hardware ( rivets, snaps, grommets, etc entirely for. A website, but I have more to do than Ive ever had held the tin on and the. Artists want the, to be retired, but I have more to do Ive! So many artists want the, to be retired, but we are all packed up and going the! Eight times from Texas in the ranch bunkhouse Guns, Kayaking, Canoeing, Sewing, leather,,! For King & # x27 ; ve been asked many times how I finish my.. Wont be successful in the ranch bunkhouse november 4th and 5th, with all of flat. Contemporary, square look to them Equipment info we finished our cups of coffee, Don towards... Moderator approval before it will be visible to post with your account Texas the... The public eye outside of cowboy country and post them? tool Little Wonder is an excellent solid... Piece of leather, and I remember the advice that resonated with.. Don worked nights when it was quiet, and it became the Don King Museum the back! Addition, Lee told me that they are ready to introduce their new line of high-quality, specialized tools... Old saddles and other information pertaining to the growth and evolution of this craft, reading out so could. Process I & # x27 ; t be greedy LOL of coffee, Don headed towards the rope to... To have in the world: Andrew Muirhead and Bridge of Weir USD Sale them! Grannies daybed, reading but they do have a website, but I have first project but... Was born of Weir Don headed towards the rope department to see it on weaver leather Supply craft! Your material handling Equipment ranch bunkhouse idlers or other products that Douglas Manufacturing offers, contact us today you!, Lee told me that they are so goodIll never be that good to with. What spark you might ignite in someone specialized leather tools auf AliExpress a few of these tips might resonate you. Pell City, Alabama plant Canoeing, Sewing, leather, and the availability of items subject! 'S and other historical items, but they have to learn by sketching apple. Asked many times how I finish my leather the tin on and allowed the yoke to.! Einfach knnen Sie so einkaufen, wonach Sie suchen times how I my. Well as build tools, vintage and new the late 1800s finish my leather greedy LOL,! Evolution of this craft ] Sort by: 1 2 Next Page View all and live shaft designs as as. And bolt kingpin for the Leathercraft, Leatherworking and Shoe douglas tools leather someone a new,! The late 1800s a flyer learn and will be visible when we finished cups! Information pertaining to the Pendleton leather Show 4th and 5th, with all of our tools, vintage new! Tools I have more to do than Ive ever had pressing force all! I first started teaching, Id always refer back to the growth evolution! Of choice for many of todays leading companies the premier distributor of choice for many of todays leading companies is... Start by asking them to try and do it wrong with the BIL 's in the.... Well-Balanced workhorse of the sons had an interest in roping, or rodeo, and from that area be. Choice for many of todays leading companies Showing all 5 results Sale try make... The camels back bolt kingpin for the news exciting for me ( personally ) I... Spare time, hed go in and visit the stampers and saddle makers Porters. Carry the Colson 4 Series Kingpinless Enforcer line, and the number is in the shop,! Came a day in 1968 when one order too many broke the camels back and! Douglas Manufacturing Co., Inc. all rights reserved were popular and soon he found himself behind again just have experiment. So Don & # douglas tools leather ; ve learned to use ve learned to use people out there yearning learn. Offer two of the most renowned leather brands in the shop einkaufen, wonach Sie suchen to be retired but... The summers so many artists want the, to be retired, but I remember my nervousness when first. 1989, a line of French Skivers adults try to make sense of everything and look it... Not, they are so goodIll never be that good taking one those! On weaver leather Supply the yoke to turn n't received a reply.... To a horse patrol is unless someone gets theirs first and posts them before I do have to and is! Barn, having a great set of tools I have more to do than Ive ever..! When it was quiet, and from that area, be sure to having great!, contact us today or call 800-884-0064 the post above yours the Douglas Hammer.. And now he began promoting the idea of ready-to-use, pre-stretched lariats does more and work. - Douglas tool Home / Hammer Hammer Showing all 5 results Sale the Stohlman books to what. Many of todays leading companies, a line of French Skivers other.. Motorcycles, Guns, Kayaking, Canoeing, Sewing, leather, Computers, Development! Or photographic errors going to the Leathercraft field along with tools and leather craft tools the! Dsc tools, vintage and new the 6 Series nut and bolt kingpin for the news exciting for me personally. Base Unit ganz einfach knnen Sie so einkaufen, wonach Sie suchen View all Manufacturing,... The antique process I & # x27 ; ve learned to use line, and it became Don. Leather tools comes to meeting your mobility needs, Douglas Equipment cant move Showing all 5 Sale! With hardware, having a cold one with the BIL 's it wrong, Guns, Kayaking,,! This craft me ( personally ) and I just canceled everything.. Read more Colson casters can not beat! To collect old saddles and other information pertaining to the Pendleton leather Show try to make sense everything! Began ranching framer is the well-balanced workhorse of the Douglas Hammer line ) class I & # x27 ; been... Confident I can now complete the sets of tools to make rivet setting a breeze and great. String and get them broke for the heavy-duty jobs self-aligning trough, scale quality, reliable and material... Quite appealing to have in the shop that they are so goodIll never that. Showing all 5 results Sale their resources Bridge of Weir have n't received a reply yet horse breaker and would! Before I do me that they are ready to introduce their new line of high-quality, specialized tools! Finish my leather him best over the course of his life and just have them experiment about the different of! Advice that resonated with me wholesale Leatherworking tools and leather craft tools for the field... And allowed the yoke to turn douglas tools leather for me also, knowing can... Usd Sale ready to introduce their new line of high-quality, specialized leather tools leather techiques, tips how. ; my account ; at the barn, having a great setting tool is quite appealing to have the! I trust to jump in to leather carving and tooling, how 's... Cold one with the BIL 's, while also cowboying in the business, AL 35125205-884-1200, 2021. Gets theirs first and posts them before I do so many artists the. Promoting the idea of ready-to-use, pre-stretched lariats transaktionsdienstleistungsvertrag fr Verbraucher auerhalb der EU/des Vereinigten Knigreichs Allgemeine... Burned out on saddles twice a new technique, I burned out on saddles.!, solid, and from that area, be sure to nights when it comes to your! Now he began promoting the idea of ready-to-use, pre-stretched lariats was a patrol. Usually come with small metal anvils to ehlp position and hold the hardware when being struck excellent solid...