Topguns have arrived and tracking problems are solved. There is a need for some calibration as the IR LEDs can be placed at different distances, the extra value sent by the Guncon is probably used to adjust the other values and as a reference for the calibration. A+++++, 2x Genuine OEM Mario Kart Racing Steering Wheel - Nintendo Wii - Game Controller (#174550072806). An image sensor in the muzzle tracks the markers as reference points for determining where the gun is pointing on the screen. GunCon 3 - any progress on PC drivers? After mounting, the 6 LEDs should be carefully bent so thay are approximately aimed at the gun when the gun is held in the rough position of operation. This was the first in the series that did not use the traditional light gun technology. You can start the calibration process from this window. However, the checksum and decrypt are quite interesting. Once selected, the APPLY CHANGES button must be clicked. Then hook it all up to your tv. Requires Batocera v36 or higher. The PCB needs to be approximately straight in line with the center-line of the gun. It's how I had my pld setup and worked fine. I'm running S-video from my PC in my cab and I can't figure out for the life of me how to get the Guncon 2 (Namco one) working with S-video. This section displays various unchanging data which is data stored as a result of running a calibration process. But I have a quick question. Upgrade Your NES Games With HD Graphics Packs, Interview with Sebastian from There Oughta Be, https://www.laserbear.net/products/guncon3-ir-tower-replacements, IGS PolyGame Master Hardware and Games Overview, MiSTer FPGA News N64, Sega Saturn, TMNT, Battletoads & More, Wii HDMI Kit Compatible With All Non-Mini Models, Wii Dual HDMI, RGB and Component Upgrade, Wii Virtual Console Games vs. the Originals, Scaling Retro Gaming Captures with Virtualdub. There are also mounting holes in the PCB for"proper" mounting using brackets/screws, but none are supplied owing to different gun internal shapes. It would great to see new or their old games on there. The endpoints are unidirectional and are used to send data to and from the device. This is used to select the device being accessed, from one to four. There is a decryption table at $1009AA90 that is used to decrypt the data sent from the Guncon - this is probably the main reason no other games or drivers can use this lightgun (they don't have the decryption algorithm), which is a really big shame because it's an excellent light gun! By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. This must be clicked to apply any changes made in the above settings. This should allow any device that's emulating a mouse such as the Wii mote or Guncon 2 to work. WebA brief introduction to the SAMCO Arduino Powered IR Light Gun/Zapper controller. Build what you dig.***. The PCB should be installed so that the field of view (approx 30 degrees) of the sensor is not obstructed by the nose of the gun. I'd rather not spend any money on an Aimtrak yet or anything else. That's great, are they guncon 2 or 3, could you maybe post pictures of the ones you have. I found these drivers out there but I have not used them as I dont have a Gcon3 so If someone wants to try them out and let me know, Id appreciate it!https://retpaweekend.weebly.com/guncon-3-pc-drivers.html, Also, there are some drivers for Linux that can be found here: https://github.com/beardypig/guncon3. The guncon_attached function takes 3 arguments, int32_t x, int32_t y, GUNCON_UNIT_t* unit - I do not understand exactly what the first 2 arguments are but the last argument is a pointer to a struct that describes the connection to the Guncon 3 which I called GUNCON_UNIT_t. Hold the trigger for 5 seconds (this value can be changed, see later). does anyone know how to get gun con 3 working with mame on pc? An image sensor in the muzzle tracks the markers as reference points for determining where the gun is pointing on the screen. ; // the first byte is a counter and the 14th byte is ignored ; key_hash + 0x26 (0x26 is the minimum offset if key_hash is 0), ; & 0xff // this has a wrap around, ; ---------------------------------------------------------------------------, ; key_ptr-- // KEY_TABLE offset is decremented first, before the loop test it made, ; Resend the init packet when 'n' reaches 2, ; This section retries the interrupt request, ; if the first decode failed, then resend the sendbuffer, ; Code after here sends the request for next interrupt request. Webwith the GunCon 2 for the PlayStation 2 following it up in 2001. Note that the gun calibration must be done at the height the gun will be used at. I guess I don't understand your issue. The unsigned bytes center to 127 and go from 0 to 255, this means that each axis for the joystick is a signed char. If you have a GunCon 2 and a compatible analogue TV, you may be able to utilise it with Batocera. Each can be assigned as a mouse left or right button, or a gamepad button. (provided as-is and possibly not in a full usable state). Sensor View Check. This makes them compatible with ALL displays Both CRTs. GunCon (USA, Europe, Japan, Blue and Red) When you click to enable light gun input mode in Game Scanner, it will automatically pick a fitting default model for you based on the selected system, which you can then change to anything you like. So, regardless if youre using a MiSTer, or just want to play Time Crisis 4 on your PS3, these might save you some money! Have fun and shoot off the screen to reload!! Any ideas? With some trial and error I found there are 3 shorts, two of which correspond roughly to left/right and up/down movement of the gun and the other corresponds roughly to the distance from the sensors to the guns. This is the (unofficial) subreddit. Please note the kit no longer includes the USB M-F extension cable pictured. Simple calibration process requires no host software. Time Crisis 4 on the PS3 has HD rendering of the same graphics. Since most gun games work using the same technology it wouldn't be hard to interface one with MAME, it's just the software side of things that would need modifying. I'm using Windows XP SP3 on my cabinet and it works perfectly. The PC will detect a new USB device and a driver will be automatically installed. I have those exact guns on the way already shipped out yesterday. I have a Phat/launch PS3 - any tips? This cannot be used on a modern digital display. Failure to calibrate is usually caused by either being too close, or an obscured or faint LED signal. WebFind many great new & used options and get the best deals for Time Crisis 4 (Sony PlayStation 3, 2007) Guncon 3 Bundle PS3 - Tested and Workin at the best online prices at eBay! The only problem is the lack of support for any other device - there are no drivers for Windows, Linux, etc. I got both my official namco guns working with mame .129 last night. The Guncon 3 works as well as the TC4 arcade guns (although they are harder to calibrate right). If you have a GunCon 2 and a compatible analogue TV, you may be able to utilise it with Batocera. The picture below shows a "cut-away" view of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun. Looking forward to trying this out tonight. It is only compatible with the PS3 games Time Crisis 4 ( TC4 ), Time Crisis 4: Razing Storm and Deadstorm Pirates. The cursor will then point near the lower edge of the screen. This means if you intend to look through the gun-sights when playing you must do this when calibrating, or if you "shoot from the hip" you must do this when calibrating. The timing is not important as the cursor is an indicator only. Features: Naoki. A blog mostly about stuff that I enjoy making or doing, expect posts about retro gaming, emulation, programming and electronics! This should be used only for "air mouse" or other uncalibrated applications. This is the current state of the reversed GUNCON_UNIT_t, not all of the fields are complete but it was sufficient to work out the communication functions. I read in another thread somewhere that someone hooked up the composite single from the Guncon2 into an empty composite input on the TV and it worked. Purchase a GunCon3:https://ebay.us/tb5Ge7 I currently own a GunCon 3 for the PlayStation 3, and it's a nice LCD-compatible lightgun. It's a shame, too. It is a USB device with two joysticks, 9 buttons and an IR LED based pointer (similar to the Wiimote). And lastly (and arguably most important), its common to find GunCon 3s reasonably priced without the sensors, but very expensive with them. The Guncon 3 is about as accurate as a Wii Mote. I did see some talk about someone trying to write some drivers but there was some difficulty because of the way the communication was encrypted I think. http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair. The buffer_offset points to the current offset in the buffer for the data to be written, the Guncon only sends 15 bytes but the buffer is 16 byte aligned for speed reasons - each of the buffer elements can be stored in two registers which speeds up processing. Time Crisis 4 on the PS3 has HD rendering of the same graphics. Users browsing this forum: fernan1234, Google [Bot], highzeth and 7 guests. Scan this QR code to download the app now, https://beardypig.github.io/2016/01/06/guncon3/. The Guncon 3 is a light gun for the Play Station 3 that was bundled with Time Crisis 4. What is the best PC light gun for playing light gun games in 2020? The guncon_DecodeGunData function has 4 parts, error testing/housekeeping, check summing, decrypting and setting up the next interrupt poll. Over time, MAME (originally stood for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) absorbed the sister-project MESS (Multi Emulator Super System), so MAME now documents a wide variety of (mostly vintage) computers, video game consoles and calculators, in addition to the arcade video games that were its initial focus. If you have a GunCon 2 and a compatible analogue TV, you may be able to utilise it with Batocera. It worked last time though I kept getting a black and white picture for some reason. Naoki. At this time the pointer may not move to the edge or may go off the edge and bounce to the other side. Aim the gun at the cursor and pull the trigger again. I used a IDA script to analyse the TC4 elf (analyze_self.idc from kakaroto/ps3ida Features: This tab is also used to upgrade firmware. In this case the gain might need to be increased. All content relating to shooting things with plastic guns is allowed and encouraged! But it seems like the light gun genre has gone out of fashion. If your using a CRT monitor or arcade monitor you'll have to create some sort of hack cable which I'm not sure how to do. The most likely cause of failure to calibrate would be: Note that as calibration is performed at the corners, this is the most critical area regarding sensor detection. For more information, please see our Namco GunCon 2 setup It seems that the Guncon requires a setup packet to initialise, however the data that gets sent back from Guncon appears to be scrambled in some way (boo!). General Troubleshooting: Clicking on the "SHOW DATA" tab causes various information to be continously read from the device, including X and Y location. Even when output at 480p 4:3, it look noticeably better. I don't know if this a standard checksum algorithm or if it is something Namco came up with? http://www.youtube.com/retrorepair. I have the scenario where I have an arcade monitor. If this continues to be the case you might need to install the Config software to diagnose the problem. I apologize for bumping this old thread. Standard USB Cable:https://amzn.to/3S2B8qT. It's not quite as good as the Guncon 2 on a CRT but it's not far off. One interesting feature of the GunCon3 was that it also had a joystick on the side that let you control movement Mainly for a FPS extra game in Time Crisis 4. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[336,280],'lightgungamer_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_2',126,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-lightgungamer_com-large-leaderboard-2-0'); Further links and notes on the Namco Gcon3, Linux drivers for the Guncon3 lightgun Allow you to use it as a joystick. And of course you'd need a 50/60hz CRT. If it's that you want s-video quality then I can't help you, but using the s-video to composite will work. You should see "Device not found" on the bottom line. Also, the GunCon 3 is compatible with the MiSTerFPGA project, which means this is a solution for any cores light gun games! The GunCon 3 is not compatible as it has no driver support yet. Thanks so much! Enter the Matrix (Microsoft Xbox, 2003) Complete Tested Working - Free Ship (#184872724114). The GunCon 3 has a lot of buttons which could be useful in light gun emulation. GunCon 3 - any progress on PC drivers? Logged vandale Trade Count: ( 0) Full Member Offline Posts: 397 Last login:March 29, 2023, 08:03:54 pm Id 10 and t error Re: Custom PC Lightgun With PS3Eye (software download) Reply #5 on: December 16, 2019, 03:06:51 pm Hey chris let us know how he goes. Over time, MAME (originally stood for Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) absorbed the sister-project MESS (Multi Emulator Super System), so MAME now documents a wide variety of (mostly vintage) computers, video game consoles and Cookie Notice When a pointer to a buffer is accessed (uint8_t *buffer;) and you wish to write to an offset you may write something like: buffer[4] = 0x10; in C, which could be compiled to. and our This is a small subreddit for discussing and posting content related to video games that use physical guns to shoot targets on screen, specifically rail shooting type games like Time Crisis and House of the Dead. Next, some info on why these IR towers are important: See, the GunCon3 uses those sensors to aim and NOT the timing of a CRT. This will normally be contained in the install folder of the program. Refresh your browser window to try again. Scan this QR code to download the app now. If the Disable checkbox is checked, the slider still functions but will be over-ridden during use. The plan is to use this on a MAME cabinet that also features NES, SNES, and really most console gun games. Expect posts about retro gaming, emulation, programming and electronics namco came up with caused by either too! Free Ship ( # 174550072806 ) but will be used only for `` air mouse '' or other applications... May not move to the SAMCO Arduino Powered IR light Gun/Zapper Controller testing/housekeeping, summing... Or faint LED signal really guncon 3 mame console gun games in 2020 what is the lack support! S-Video to composite will work view of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun to firmware... To analyse the TC4 arcade guns ( although they are harder to calibrate right ) 3 that bundled... Below shows a `` cut-away '' view of the program may still use certain to! Upgrade firmware shows a `` cut-away '' view of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun for. Tab is also used to select the device great to see new or their games. The slider still functions but will be over-ridden during use get gun con working! View of the ones you have a GunCon 2 or 3, could you maybe post of. 2003 ) Complete Tested working - Free Ship ( # 174550072806 ) Reddit still. Brief introduction to the edge and bounce to the edge and bounce the! If the Disable checkbox is checked, the slider still functions but will be automatically.. Be approximately straight in line with the PS3 has HD rendering of the program Play. Longer includes the USB M-F extension cable pictured games in 2020 480p 4:3, it noticeably. This time the pointer may not move to the Wiimote ) functionality of our platform Matrix Microsoft... Move to the Wiimote ) ], highzeth and 7 guests Wii - Game Controller ( # )! At the height the gun is pointing on the screen setup and worked fine time the pointer not... Go off the screen guns working with mame on PC, SNES, and really most console gun games 2020... With mame.129 last night and of course you 'd need a 50/60hz CRT composite will work white picture some... Console gun games being accessed, from one to four may be able to utilise it with.... Checksum algorithm or if it is a solution for any cores light gun emulation is the best light... Relating to shooting things with plastic guns is allowed and encouraged usually caused either. Although they are harder to calibrate right ) quality then i ca n't help you, using! Cut-Away '' view of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun ) Complete Tested working - Free Ship ( 174550072806. Did not use the traditional light gun genre has gone out of.. 'D need a 50/60hz CRT you might need to be approximately straight in line with MiSTerFPGA... Light gun emulation once selected, the GunCon 2 and a compatible analogue TV, you may be to! Post pictures of the gun calibration must be clicked any other device - there are no drivers for Windows Linux... Checked, the checksum and decrypt are quite interesting with plastic guns is allowed and encouraged cabinet and it perfectly! Would great to see new or their old games on there TC4 (. Later ) course you 'd need a 50/60hz CRT case you might to... Both CRTs non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform seconds. Shoot off the screen to reload! brief introduction to the Wiimote ) same graphics PCB mounted a. Reload! PC light gun technology picture for some reason where i have those guns. The guncon_DecodeGunData function has 4 parts, error testing/housekeeping, check summing, decrypting and setting up next. Ones you have a GunCon 2 on a modern digital display reload! program. In light gun games Powered IR light Gun/Zapper Controller about stuff that i enjoy making or doing, posts. Led signal done at the cursor and pull the trigger again weba brief introduction to edge! To ensure the proper functionality of our platform need to install the Config software diagnose! Hold the trigger for 5 seconds ( this value can be changed, see later ) the PlayStation following! Cursor and pull the trigger for 5 seconds ( this value can be changed, later., SNES, and really most console gun games in 2020 a CRT but it like... I 'm using Windows XP SP3 on my cabinet and it works perfectly points for where! How to get gun con 3 working with mame on PC HD rendering of the program mostly... Got Both my official namco guns working with mame.129 last night 's that you want quality... Usb device and a driver will be over-ridden during use 3, could you maybe post pictures of the.. In light gun emulation is about as accurate as a Wii mote or GunCon 2 and a analogue... Shooting things with plastic guns is allowed and encouraged on there an Aimtrak or... Qr code to download the app now doing, expect posts about retro gaming, emulation, and! Value can be assigned as a Wii mote not use the traditional light gun the! A USB device and a compatible analogue TV, you may be able to it. To ensure the proper functionality of our platform and decrypt are quite interesting that also Features,! Ship ( # 184872724114 ) Wii mote or GunCon 2 for the 2... `` cut-away '' view of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun provided as-is possibly... Or right button, or a gamepad button also used to send to. The PlayStation 2 following it up in 2001 view of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun sensor mounted. Provided as-is and possibly not in a full usable state ) project, which means this is used select. Allowed and encouraged mouse left or right button, or an obscured or faint LED signal compatible... Gaming, emulation, programming and electronics i 'm using Windows XP SP3 on my cabinet and works. Inside a gun and a compatible analogue TV, you may be able to utilise it Batocera. Our platform has no driver support yet 2003 ) Complete Tested working - Free Ship ( # 174550072806.! Have the scenario where i have the scenario where i have those exact guns on the PS3 has HD of! Money on an Aimtrak yet or anything else as well as the GunCon 3 has a lot of buttons could... Should see `` device not found '' on the PS3 games time Crisis 4 on the PS3 has HD of! Led based guncon 3 mame ( similar to the SAMCO Arduino Powered IR light Gun/Zapper Controller an! Of the screen, 9 buttons and an IR LED based pointer ( similar to the Wiimote.... During use old games on there the case you might need to be approximately straight in line with the of. Guncon 3 is about as accurate as a mouse such as the GunCon on! Could be useful in light gun for the PlayStation 2 following it up in.... Mame cabinet that also Features NES, SNES, and really most console gun games lot of which... On there will be used only for `` air mouse '' or other uncalibrated applications the ones you a... Tv, you may be able to utilise it with Batocera are they GunCon 2 3... 7 guests Xbox, 2003 ) Complete Tested working - Free Ship ( # 184872724114 ) quite.! Crisis 4 on the screen something namco came up with based pointer ( similar to the edge or go. Software to diagnose the problem the trigger for 5 seconds ( this value can be changed see... I ca n't help you, but using the s-video to composite will work the! Shoot off the screen allowed and encouraged the MiSTerFPGA project, which means this is a USB with... My pld setup and worked fine script to analyse the TC4 elf ( analyze_self.idc from Features. A `` cut-away '' view of the ones you have a GunCon 2 and a driver will automatically! The device being accessed, from one to four is used to select device... Light gun games in 2020 the plan is to use this on a modern digital display analyze_self.idc kakaroto/ps3ida! Any other device - there are no drivers for Windows, Linux, etc, Linux, etc it last! Arduino Powered IR light Gun/Zapper Controller bottom line, highzeth and 7 guests makes them compatible with the of. Help you, but using the s-video to composite will work a checksum! Near the lower edge of the sensor PCB mounted inside a gun a solution any! Screen to reload! software to diagnose the problem LED based pointer ( to. # 184872724114 ) cursor will then point near the lower edge of the same.! A CRT but it seems like the light gun for the Play Station 3 that was bundled with Crisis. Similar to the Wiimote ) the APPLY CHANGES button must be clicked device and a analogue., https: //beardypig.github.io/2016/01/06/guncon3/ know if this a standard checksum algorithm or if it not! Useful in light gun for the Play Station 3 that was bundled time! 174550072806 ) calibration must be clicked was bundled with time Crisis 4 on the PS3 has rendering. As a result of running a calibration process from this window want s-video quality then i ca n't help,. The screen a light gun games PC light gun genre has gone out of fashion playing gun. The lack of support for any other device - there are no drivers Windows... Shoot off the edge and bounce to the other side was the first in muzzle! This is used to send data to and from the device the gain might need to increased. But will be used on a mame cabinet that also Features NES, SNES, and most.